Is this what I need to fix cracked screen?

Reaction score
No, you want to go to the apple store and replace it.
if you are trying to do this yourself, you will come across tons of problems - messing up the heat and touch interface, the accelerometer, and the screen itself.
If your screen crack was an accident not involving you directly (dropping it, something physical), the phone wont be covered in the warranty. However, I went to the apple store when my screen broke, and it was my fault, they replaced it for free.

So you are pretty much forced to visit the store. please do so, i reccomend it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have to agree I have read nothing but horror stories of people replacing there own screens,Stay away.

OP
K
Reaction score
No, you want to go to the apple store and replace it.
if you are trying to do this yourself, you will come across tons of problems - messing up the heat and touch interface, the accelerometer, and the screen itself.
If your screen crack was an accident not involving you directly (dropping it, something physical), the phone wont be covered in the warranty. However, I went to the apple store when my screen broke, and it was my fault, they replaced it for free.

So you are pretty much forced to visit the store. please do so, i reccomend it

Well, I have about 9 cracked Iphones so I think I am going to try to replace one. I will let you guys know how it goes. I don't have a receipt on any of them so I doubt Apple will cover it.

Reaction score
Well, I have about 9 cracked Iphones so I think I am going to try to replace one. I will let you guys know how it goes. I don't have a receipt on any of them so I doubt Apple will cover it.

9 iPhones? Haha what are you using them for?

Anyway, the serial ID in settings/general/about is basically a receipt. It tells the apple geniuses everything, assuming you legally own the phone. Ps make sure that if you have jailbroken or unlocked the phone that you restore to original state or it voids all warranty.

OP
K
Reaction score
9 iPhones? Haha what are you using them for?

Anyway, the serial ID in settings/general/about is basically a receipt. It tells the apple geniuses everything, assuming you legally own the phone. Ps make sure that if you have jailbroken or unlocked the phone that you restore to original state or it voids all warranty.

I buy them off people for 75-150 bucks that drop theirs and crack them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.