First attempt at vectoring

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Done in Illustrator/Photoshop CS2 in about 5 hours. Photo reference was used for the character in Illustrator. The rest was done in Photoshop Comments appreciated! :)

randicopyck8.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Thats not bad - cool

Just think the pink around the eyes looks odd, like you were going to paint the whole face but decided against it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I agree, the pink around the eyes is a little out of place, but for your first time its really good, I still can't get the hang of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Why not use just illustrator?

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Are you talking about the pink on the underside or on top?

I'm just soooooo used to Photoshop, and using Illustrator confuses me sometimes as I just taught myself to use it yesterday..

Reaction score
I think it looks awesome for your first try! Like i said before a lot of ppl cant even get this far on a first try so keep it up !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
I like the pink...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
That's impressive for a first try! The first thing I did in Illustrator is still one of my best pieces... because I did it at work experience at a graphic design studio, and they taught me how to use it!

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That's impressive for a first try! The first thing I did in Illustrator is still one of my best pieces... because I did it at work experience at a graphic design studio, and they taught me how to use it!

Thanks! :D

When it comes to Photoshop/Illustrator, I'm 100% self-taught.. I actually learned to use Illustrator (more specifically the Pen/Convert tools) the day I made that pic.

I'm currently working on 2 pieces right now because my friends liked that one so much they wanted one of themselves lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5, Dual 2GHz Processors, 4GB RAM, MBP, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8GB iTouch
Pretty cool for a first attempt. The more you use Illustrator, the more you'll like it. Retracking photos is a good way to learn the pen tool. It gives you lots of practice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.