Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    To buy a new MBP or wait ?

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2006
    Posts
    7
    To buy a new MBP or wait ?
    Off to the US for a month soon.
    My 17Ē MBP is an old core duo, so really if I want Lion Iíll need to replace it.
    so obvious choice is to get it in the US, but (and I know the probable answer) but should I get it next week or wait as Iím back in the US for August.
    So its Buy now or wait and see !

  2. #2
    To buy a new MBP or wait ?

    Member Since
    Jun 08, 2011
    Posts
    10
    Are you looking at replacing it with another 17"? I'm in a similar situation but looking at a 15" instead. I think we can be pretty sure based on the MBP update cycle and the proposed release of the new Intel chips that the next refresh will be in Q1 of 2012. So the real question is now or 6 or so months from now? I've decided to go ahead and upgrade now and will be doing so in a couple weeks.

  3. #3
    To buy a new MBP or wait ?

    Member Since
    Aug 25, 2009
    Posts
    94
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
    Not sure whether you want the later OS, Lion, or the faster computer. Lion will be available as a download from the App store, others guess it will be less than another sixty days until it is available as a DVD, if you can not get to a broadband connection for awhile.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. should i buy a MBP now or wait until 2012
    By zq00 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 01:28 AM
  2. MBP: Buy now or wait...
    By RMC in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 01:08 AM
  3. Wait until Snow leopard to buy a MBP?
    By JoP! in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
  4. Buy MBP now or Wait til After June
    By C_Andrews in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. Wait or Buy MBP?
    By DarkRaven24 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •