Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

    Member Since
    Feb 20, 2011
    Posts
    6
    Question Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???
    After living without a laptop for almost a year (>.<), I finally had enough money to buy a MacBook Pro this past Friday. I happily went to Best Buy and a member of Geek Squad helped me pick the right one out and consulted me on the many benefits of Mac as opposed to PC. I was so excited while he was opening the case only for him to say "I am so sorry, we are sold out at the moment..." The two other stores in my area were sold out as well. I was then told that their next shipment should be there by this upcoming Wednesday.

    I found out today that there might be a MacBook Pro update as early as this Thursday and I was wondering if it would be wise for me to wait a little longer to see what that entails or just go on Wednesday and buy it...

    I am planning on getting the Mac Book Pro 15.4" 2.4 GHz, Intel Core i5, 4GB memory, 320GB hard drive, etc...

    So, what do you guys think?

    Thank You in Advance,


    Miranda

  2. #2
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    It is only a rumour at this stage, but it would definitely be worth waiting to see if this 24th Feb rumour comes to fruition.

  3. #3
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

    Member Since
    Feb 20, 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    It is only a rumour at this stage, but it would definitely be worth waiting to see if this 24th Feb rumour comes to fruition.
    Yeah, that's what I think I'm going to do Do you think that there will be any price changes though?

  4. #4
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    No one can answer anything about price, specs, design, or anything else until Apple releases it.
    Anything anyone says until they are released is just guesswork, and not to be taken as gospel.

  5. #5
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

    Member Since
    Feb 20, 2011
    Posts
    6
    Yeah, that's true.

  6. #6
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???
    CrimsonRequiem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 24, 2008
    Posts
    6,004
    Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I think you can wait a little while longer if you gone for a year + without a notebook. After they announce the new MBP you can always buy the newer one or the one that you were originally going to get for a lower price.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

  7. #7
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,291
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Hey Crimson, my desk drawer is so hot I can barely touch it! (Got about 10 Apple gift cards in there that were given to us - including a big one from my son)

    Hoping the rumor that our friend "the8thArc" posted is true.

  8. #8
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???

    Member Since
    Feb 20, 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    I think you can wait a little while longer if you gone for a year + without a notebook. After they announce the new MBP you can always buy the newer one or the one that you were originally going to get for a lower price.
    Yes, that is true too I guess I am just getting impatient because it has been very difficult to get papers typed up for school for the past year and I have the money in my pocket to buy a new computer >.<

  9. #9
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???
    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    31,502
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Hey Crimson, my desk drawer is so hot I can barely touch it! (Got about 10 Apple gift cards in there that were given to us - including a big one from my son)

    Hoping the rumor that our friend "the8thArc" posted is true.
    I'm in the same boat. I have a couple gift cards & some cash I've been saving for about the last year...hopefully any hardware announcements will be worth it!

    Better be soon as well...I think that my gift cards will start losing value due to "inactive" fees.

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  10. #10
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???
    RavingMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 07, 2008
    Location
    In Denial
    Posts
    7,765
    Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I have a couple gift cards & some cash I've been saving for about the last year...hopefully any hardware announcements will be worth it!

    Better be soon as well...I think that my gift cards will start losing value due to "inactive" fees.

    - Nick
    I'm almost hoping there won't be a major update. Too much temptation, and I am really trying to stretch another year or two out of my MBP before I upgrade.
    Really, the only reason for me to upgrade would be gadget lust! Unfortunately that appears to have been sufficient reason before and probably will be again.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

  11. #11
    Wait Until After MacBook Pro Update???
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,291
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Better be soon as well...I think that my gift cards will start losing value due to "inactive" fees.
    I was a bit worried about that too but as far as I have been able to find out, the gift cards do not have an inactive fee or expire.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Macbook pro NOW or wait?
    By antman2x2 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Buy a Macbook Pro now or wait?
    By ejdge in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
  3. I need a MacBook Pro...should i wait or get it now?
    By SunnyDelight227 in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
  4. Buy mac pro now or wait for next update?
    By aristo3650 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 09:33 AM
  5. MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait?
    By Spicky in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •