Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 17, 2010
    Posts
    13
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!
    hello ya'll!. i'm kyle. and i just recently purchased a macbook pro 15inch i5 2.4ghz from apple for 1600, now before celebrating and eagerly awaits the arrival of my macbook. i need to find some answers.

    1. does osx support Trim like window 7 does? i'm currently running my crucial c300 sata 6 ssd and there is no way i'm going back to traditional hdd boot drive.

    2. what's a good keyboard protection cover that doesn't stand out too much and at the same time not blocking the led backlit.

    3. should i get a screen protector? if yes. which one would you guys recommend?

    that's all i can think of for now. much appreciated for any hints and tips. cheers!

    p.s. how the heck do i get rid of the string or identification thing i need to type in every time make a reply or post.

  2. #2
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    1. No, hopefully in the next major update to OS X.7 (OS X 10.7) trim will be supported, but then again, hopefully SSDs will be more reasonably priced by then.
    2. Moshi clearguard is the general favourite Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector for Aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
    3.That is a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't want to detract from the vibrant display.

    When you sign in, when you are asked if you want the browser to remember your user name and password, say yes.
    Same goes when you are prompted to save login information in keychain.

  3. #3
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 17, 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    1. No, hopefully in the next major update to OS X.7 (OS X 10.7) trim will be supported, but then again, hopefully SSDs will be more reasonably priced by then.
    2. Moshi clearguard is the general favourite Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector for Aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
    3.That is a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't want to detract from the vibrant display.

    When you sign in, when you are asked if you want the browser to remember your user name and password, say yes.
    Same goes when you are prompted to save login information in keychain.
    hmm the image verification thing is still asking me.

  4. #4
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Did you click "remember me?"
    Are you logging out each time, or just closing your browser?
    If you have clicked remember me, and you are just closing your browser, I'm not sure why you are having problems.
    I just tried signing in on all my browsers, and had no problems.
    I'm sure someone will come along with an answer soon, that I'm for some reason not thinking of right now.

  5. #5
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!
    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,379
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
    hmm the image verification thing is still asking me.

    I believe it will disappear once you become a contributing member with a certain number of posts ..... 10 if memory serves me well

    Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  6. #6
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    I believe it will disappear once you become a contributing member with a certain number of posts ..... 10 if memory serves me well

    Cheers
    Ah ha.... rings a bell mate
    Must be a case of my memory going as my grey hairs multiply

  7. #7
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!
    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,379
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    Must be a case of my memory going as my grey hairs multiply
    lol nothing a nice colour dye wont fix
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  8. #8
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 17, 2010
    Posts
    13
    lol in that case i'm gonna post away!

    btw, i'm looking at apple care coverage for macbook pro 15inch on ebay for 130 bucks. are these for real?

    Edit 2. finally got the macbook, fedex really is better than ups! ordered it yesterday before i left for class around 11ish, got it today at 11 on the dot! now that's shipping under 24 hours!

  9. #9
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!
    iggibar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2009
    Location
    C-Town
    Posts
    4,071
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*
    Quote Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
    hello ya'll!. i'm kyle. and i just recently purchased a macbook pro 15inch i5 2.4ghz from apple for 1600, now before celebrating and eagerly awaits the arrival of my macbook. i need to find some answers.

    1. does osx support Trim like window 7 does? i'm currently running my crucial c300 sata 6 ssd and there is no way i'm going back to traditional hdd boot drive.
    Something seems odd here. You claimed that you upgraded from a late 2008 macbook on one of your other posts. Shouldn't you already know this answer?
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

  10. #10
    Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
    btw, i'm looking at apple care coverage for macbook pro 15inch on ebay for 130 bucks. are these for real?
    Getting these online is a gamble.... some are legit, some are scammers.
    See this:
    eBay Guides - FAKE APPLECARE APPLE CARE - A warning to buyers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need advice
    By giligon101 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 03:50 PM
  2. Need advice.HD
    By goretex 4411 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 11:35 AM
  3. Need advice
    By Fernaro in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 12:40 AM
  4. Advice, please...
    By VGP in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •