Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    should i wait or not??

    Member Since
    Sep 17, 2009
    Posts
    5
    should i wait or not??
    ok guys here's the deal... i'm dying to get my first MacBook... now there are to options, 1 MBA and 2 is MBP 15"... about the same price $1799 but clearly the MBP is better...but to be honest i want the Air more...ALOT more...
    but here are my problems... if i get the MacBook Pro, i will always know that i bought a better laptop but will always "regret" my decision because i didnt get the Air, yes..i'm that kind of guy who wants only what he has in mind no matter what it is...
    on the other hand, if i get the MBA 2.1 GHz i'm afraid that a new one will be launched in the few weeks to come...and possibly a little less expensive than the current one then i would really kill myself...

    i want it NOT for gaming although power would be great, next year i'm starting school and the laptop that i use right now (acer 5920G) is for my brother and he's getting back to Italy in about 2 weeks to continue his studies...i'll be left with only an old...very old PC that hardly connects to the internet...so i'll need another computer for now, and maybe get another Box for gaming or intensive work... so which one should i consider??? please any help will be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    should i wait or not??

    Member Since
    Aug 17, 2010
    Location
    Birmingham/Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    36
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 5,5
    If you are after power there is no doubt that a MBP would be your ideal choice. However if you are looking for portability then the Air would be the better choice. It really does come down to you and your personal preference, at the end of the day you know your needs better than anyone else.

    According to the buyers guide on Mac Rumours, they would suggest against buying an Air since there will be an update soon enough.

  3. #3
    should i wait or not??
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,202
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    @Feras91

    My advice: Avoid the MBA. They're almost impossible to do any kind of upgrading. You can not upgrade the memory for example - what you see is what you got. You can't even replace the memory because it's soldered to the logic board. No optical drive. And you can't use just any external optical drive, it has to be Apple's.

    For the price of the high end MBA, you could buy a MacBook and an iPad.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wait, wait, wait, crash...on boot.
    By ohmandd in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 10:15 AM
  2. To wait, or not to wait? That is the question...
    By ogacon in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 01:20 PM
  3. Purchasing: To wait or not to wait
    By mac2k in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM
  4. MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait?
    By Spicky in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •