10-28-2012, 04:54 PM #1
iMac G5 not connecting to wireless
- Member Since
- Mar 14, 2011
- Hackintosh: i5 2500k, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, EVGA GTX 660 2GB
So, up until now, my iMac G5 has been able to connect to my home network. It finds the network, and comes up with the dialogue to enter the WEP key, so everything is fine there. Unfortuanetly, when I hit "enter", it shows the spinning wheel for a 3 seconds then says "Connection timeout." Before it WOULD connect, I'd just have to click enter a few times before it actually connected. Now it won't.
Before anyone asks:
"Apples don't grow on trees."
- YES, I did install the Airport Extreme card correctly.
- YES, I did plug everything in right.
- YES, it does find the network.
- NO, it is not an Intel iMac.
10-31-2012, 03:17 AM #2
You have another Airport card for troubleshooting?
You could have a signal issue...are other devices able to connect wirelessly?
It sounds like your iMac area MAY be becoming increasingly inhospitable to the WIFI waves shooting through the air.
1. Bring the iMac right next to the router (or whatever WIFI source you have).
3. If still no connection ->Flush cache (why not) ->Ensure that your settings are correct on the router & in your Airport settings -> Restart -> If still unsuccessful: Try your iMac at a friend's house (see if you can connect to his router)
10-31-2012, 05:58 PM #3
- Member Since
- Nov 28, 2007
- Nambucca Heads Australia
- 27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
What does Apple System Profiler have to say about the card? They do fail.Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By GadgetRick in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 28Last Post: 09-22-2014, 11:16 PM
By iMacSnow in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 12Last Post: 12-05-2011, 11:02 PM
By adz in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
By gglmac in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2010, 09:48 AM
By dyusem in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 4Last Post: 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM