Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

    Member Since
    Mar 05, 2008
    Posts
    66
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    I acquired a supposedly non working Power Mac 2.3Ghz. Well, I don't have a cable to plug up to it because of its weird shape. Check pics below. Where can I get this cable at? I searched ebay I couldn't find anything.


    Also, how do I tell if it internally has an Airport Card?


  2. #2
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    hughvane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 18, 2008
    Location
    Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,296
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by ktreece777 View Post
    its weird shape. Check pics below. Where can I get this cable at? I searched ebay I couldn't find anything.
    http://www.kropla.com/electric.htm but I don't see any of that three flat pins variety there. Have any of the pins on your machine been twisted? Your local home appliance/electronics outlet may have an adaptor.

    (Second question I'll leave to someone else.)

  3. #3
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

    Member Since
    Mar 05, 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
    http://www.kropla.com/electric.htm but I don't see any of that three flat pins variety there. Have any of the pins on your machine been twisted? Your local home appliance/electronics outlet may have an adaptor.

    (Second question I'll leave to someone else.)
    No, this is how it came I can definitely tell it hasn't been twisted.

  4. #4
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    bryphotoguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 02, 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,978
    Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    It's a pretty standard connection in the photo industry.

    Power Cord

    January 2008 Member of the Month

  5. #5
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    Noels's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 03, 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    945
    Specs:
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    ktreece777,

    Where did you get it? Can you contact the source and ask about it and BTW, where did you put the cable?

    A computer tech shop (or Apple store) may be able to open it up, remove the cable housing and attach the wires to a U.S. Standard connector.

    Good luck on finding the proper connector first.

    Noel

    EDIT, whoops, bry beat me to it, and had a better answer besides

  6. #6
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

    Member Since
    Mar 05, 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Noels View Post
    ktreece777,

    Where did you get it? Can you contact the source and ask about it and BTW, where did you put the cable?

    A computer tech shop (or Apple store) may be able to open it up, remove the cable housing and attach the wires to a U.S. Standard connector.

    Good luck on finding the proper connector first.

    Noel

    EDIT, whoops, bry beat me to it, and had a better answer besides

    It is an office machine of my dads partner that he thought he would take everything out "so nobody could get his stuff" I have no clue if anything is wrong with it at all but he took the hard drive, ram, video card, and thats all that I know of so far.... Oh, the power cord.

  7. #7
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    harryb2448's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location
    Nambucca Heads Australia
    Posts
    20,056
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    It is a 'G' type plug used in various countries including China, the Middle East and a number of South American countries.

  8. #8
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    hughvane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 18, 2008
    Location
    Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,296
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    It is a 'G' type plug used in various countries including China, the Middle East and a number of South American countries.
    A G plug has one of the pins at right angles to the other two. The odd plug pictured has the pins arrayed in the same (horizontal) plane.

    If the machine were mine I'd remove the plug housing, checking wire connections carefully, and replace the whole thing with a standard plug for your country. An electrician could do the job in 5 minutes if you had the required replacement part available.

  9. #9
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

    Member Since
    Mar 05, 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
    A G plug has one of the pins at right angles to the other two. The odd plug pictured has the pins arrayed in the same (horizontal) plane.

    If the machine were mine I'd remove the plug housing, checking wire connections carefully, and replace the whole thing with a standard plug for your country. An electrician could do the job in 5 minutes if you had the required replacement part available.
    It is stock you can tell. On ebay I noticed the computer exactly llike it has the same plug. It is the last Model Before the MacPro but why on earth is it so hard to find a power cable.

  10. #10
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

    Member Since
    Oct 09, 2006
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    353
    That looks similar to the power connector in Bahrain... I'm not 100% sure though.
    -13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini

  11. #11
    2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS
    rman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    12,584
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If there is an Apple store near you, take it in and have it checked out. You will not get the system up and running even if you have a power cord. Since you still need memory, a video card and a hard disk. You can get most of these things from Other World Computing.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Weird looking burned pixels on my iphone (+pics)
    By Shahar Levi in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 06:56 AM
  2. Is there a MiniDisplay Port to HDMI cable out there?
    By schizzo_fg in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 09:09 AM
  4. Can you use a 1.8Ghz G5 Power supply on a 2.3Ghz?
    By ktreece777 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
  5. Weird Pics
    By SeVeN in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •